• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ramada Plaza Resorts Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

keeshy2

This all happened in Virginia:

My fiancee received a telephone soliciation to purchase a Ramada Plaza Resorts vacation in July 1999. He has told me it was a "hard sell" & they would not stop calling until he agreed to place a $598 deposit on the vacation. He was told he had 18 months to take the vacation with $598 due upon reservations. He was never told it is a sales pitch for a timeshare program in Florida. He was never told anything about the deposit being non-refundable or anything. He received the info & never even opened it. He even forgot he had it.
Come September I found the info & we decided to look into taking the trip. We opened the box & found out it is a sales pitch (it says so in like 4 point font on the back page). We researched the company & found out this is a scam. They have 13 state class action lawsuits against them, have a negative rating with the BBB, and there are tons of complaints about the vacation that it's not as promised & ends up costing more than advertised due to hidden charges. We read EVERYTHING in the box & NOWHERE does it say the deposit is non-refundable or that there was any kind of waiting period.
He spent all day yesterday on the phone with these people trying to get them to refund the deposit. He talked to 8 people in the course of 4 hours. He was hung up on twice, one lady called him a f****ing idiot, and one lady was screaming at him so loudly I could hear what she was saying clearly. They kept claiming it was printed in the paperwork, but no one could prove it. All in all, they refuse to return this deposit. They offered us over $300 in upgrades but will not return the same amount of money, which we would be happy with.
Can anyone help us figure out a way to get this deposit back? We researched the Virginia State Code but since Virginia doesn't classify this company as a "travel club", we can't use the one regulation we thought we could. Ramada also claimed we had a 3-day period to return per Virginia law but we sure couldn't find it.
Thanks.

T

Tracey

It's been over a year. He obviously hasn't missed the money. Just file a complaint with the state attorneys general in VA & FL and forget about it. It's not worth the agravation.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">