• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rented apartment..a no go for business?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Melbk

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
Does anyone know if I can start a hobby business from my rented apartment?
A guy from my zoning comission said it is completey illegal to conduct any business from a rented residence.
But that seems crazy..surely not every small business or hobby business owner is a private home owner.What about people who work from home via computer,or sell stuff on the net..do they all have to own a home to conduct such business...surely not.
I have encountered many young mothers who run all types of small businesses,surely not every one of then owns there own home?
Does anyone know the legalitise behind all this?
Please!

griz

You are most likely limited to the type of business you can operate in a rented apartment. I would think any business that requires customers to come to your loacation would be prohibited and strictly enforced. However any type of business that is done without customers coming to you is impossible to stop.

H

hexeliebe

What does your lease/rental agreement say?

What is your residence zoned for?

What type of business are you contemplating?

Have you called city hall for the licensing requirements for your business?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">