• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reporting Agent Authorization...???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angelleye

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I just started my business at the beginning of 2007 and when I did it all I had The Company Corporation take care of filing everything to get it started for me. Apparently this also included adding them as my Reporting Agent on form 8655.

Now they're asking for $210/year to be my Reporting Agent for my business. Is this something I really need to pay that much money each year to have or can I just make anybody my reporting agent?

I can't find much information on the subject. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Anyone can be your statutory (or registered) agent as long as they are in compliance for the requirements to be a statutory (or registered) agent in your state. Look up the laws in your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">