• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restaurant Partnership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jamm2m2

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

I own 1/3 of a restaurant. The business has seen net losses every month for the past eight months.

The three partners (including me) have tried to sell the restaurant but unsuccessfully. We decided to stop operating, but after I decided to leave the area and move back home (out of state) my two partners decided that they'd like to continue operating. The business has virtually no chance of turning itself around, and my two partners refuse to buy my 1/3.

Can they continue operations without my approval, and if so, am I liable for losses?

JETX

"Can they continue operations without my approval, and if so, am I liable for losses?"
*** Very likely, yes to both. But what EXACTLY does your partnership agreement say as to these questions?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">