• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

returning deposits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rickl

Can my $600 deposit for a vehicle from a dealer be legally non-refundable? No contract was signed. The only paper work was a simple receipt with the vehicle type, purchase price, deposit recvd. and the amount due on delivery. What are the legal ramifications if I just cancel the deposit check?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rickl:
Can my $600 deposit for a vehicle from a dealer be legally non-refundable? No contract was signed. The only paper work was a simple receipt with the vehicle type, purchase price, deposit recvd. and the amount due on delivery. What are the legal ramifications if I just cancel the deposit check?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It does not appear that dealer followed proper State law if you did not sign a purchase contract that spells out provisions in accordance with the law. Take the position that there was no contract signed and therefore you did not agree to anything. Cancel your check and consider it a refundable reservation deposit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">