• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Running a Giveaway Contest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nikitarama

I'm from a Boulder, CO based peanut butter company. We make our peanut butters in squeeze packs.

We want to have a contest where people travel (hiking, biking, backpacking, tourism, etc.) with a squeeze pack, take a picture with it and send us that picture.

We would review the pictures and send the winner a case of peanut butter and a t-shirt (valued about $80).

Is that doable or is that too much "consideration"? I know a local restaurant - Which Wich does something similar (if you get a paper bag that their sandwiches come in and climb a fourteener and take a picture with it you get a free sandwich.

Would I need to provide an offer for free squeeze packs somewhere in the legalese so that it can be "No purchase necessary?"

I'm completely clueless, please help!
Nikita

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">