• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

?'s to get started

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

peace_1

What is the name of your state? michigan

i am starting up a very small massage therapy business. i do not have an office space yet. i would appreciate help with the following:

1. what type of business should i form? sole proprietor or LLC?

2. before i start printing up business materials i'd like to file a DBA....do i need a business address to do this? what do suggest i use if i dont have an address yet?

3. if i file for a DBA myself online, the cost is $10. the fee for DBA through something like LEGALZOOM is $99. What is the difference? Which should i choose?

Thank you very much!

clueless3

1. In general, you should go with the LLC.

2. In order to file for the DBA, you must have an address. If you don't, use your home address, but file in the County that you eventually have that office or wherever that you plan to run your business from.

3. If you can go online directly to your County Clerk Office and file the DBA for $10, do it that way! There is NO DIFFERENCE if you file it with LegalZoom or whatever service. The process is so simple that there's no need to use a service and pay THAT much!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">