• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

$$s in a LLC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

macavoy

What is the name of your state? CO

I have a small company and use an llc. This company is my only income source, personally...I realize if my business is sued what is left in the LLC is at stake....

whats to stop me from say making 50k a year and using 40k a year to pay rent, bills, stocks, etc. leaving 10k in the LLc and then if Im sued there is only 10k at risk......

do I need to draw a set salary a month from my LLC for personal use...who is to say what could and couldnt be pulled from the LLC??? confused... Thanks.

HomeGuru

macavoy said:
What is the name of your state? CO

I have a small company and use an llc. This company is my only income source, personally...I realize if my business is sued what is left in the LLC is at stake....

whats to stop me from say making 50k a year and using 40k a year to pay rent, bills, stocks, etc. leaving 10k in the LLc and then if Im sued there is only 10k at risk......

do I need to draw a set salary a month from my LLC for personal use...who is to say what could and couldnt be pulled from the LLC??? confused... Thanks.
**A: are you hypothetically speaking again?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">