• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scammed by business partner and landlord

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nopie

I recently started or should i say just paid the rent for a new building , for a new business , Antiques , inports , collectiable . On my lease it states no Used or second hand store. But my X partner did just that , moved in took over and was litterally selling garbage without an occupaional liscence , or tax i.d numbers . She misrepresented her merchandise and loaded the building from wall to wall . This has been going on for weeks . The land lord dont care she got her money , and the X partner is having a ball at my expence . There were written agreements and verbal agrements but now that they have my hard earned dollars nobdy cares . I have written letters and even been to the mayors office . BIG DEAL ... Hire a lawyer , who said it would cost me 2700.00 bucks for him to even think it over and any letter he wrote would be 250.00 per page . Makes it a sucky world for someone who is trying to run an honest business . LOST a small fortune , And on goes the X partner selling her trash . What are my rights in Louisiana . Anybody with any help please email me [email protected]
Thanks

------------------

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">