• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

screwed or should i sue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stonberg

I paid a mechanis to remove and replace a new engine in my jeep. I was told it would take about a week to hve ready, That was two months ago! Plus i lsot out on a sale of my other truck due to the fact he was tired of waiting. the mechanic keeps making excuses he can'tget it to run. what can I do????? can i sue for the time and the lost sale of my other truck????? thanks for your time.

T

Tracey

I doubt you can sue for the lost sale. Theoretically, you can just sell it later. Tow the truck to another mechanic & have him/her get it running and document what was wrong with it. If the mechanic tries to get you to pay the entire bill in full, pay it, then sue him for overcharging in small claims court that afternoon. By the time you get into court, you'll know exactly how much his ineptitude cost you. Have the new mechanic take notes & testify as to how much time was needed to correct the defendant's mistakes & how long it should have taken defendant to get the truck running.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">