• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling business & warranties

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

odsink

What is the name of your state? Montana

I am selling my business which is a "s" corporation and am wondering what liabilities I have with work that was done during my ownership.

HomeGuru

odsink said:
What is the name of your state? Montana

I am selling my business which is a "s" corporation and am wondering what liabilities I have with work that was done during my ownership.
**A: How the heck should we know. You're not giving us very much to go on.

O

odsink

Sorry, I gave you as much as I know! My question was, when I sell my business (construction, "C corp") what is my liability should any of my former clients of whom I did work for come back with any problems?:confused:

mykoleary

You can't even decide if it's an s corp (first post) or a c corp (second post)

How can we help you if we don't have the details (such as wording of the sale contract, etc...)

I suggest you find a local lawyer with a lot of patience...

JETX

If you are selling (or buying) a business, the best investment you can make is in getting an attorney involved. There are potentially HUGE risks that need to be considered and resolved. Your saving a few hundred dollars in this commercial sale could cost you thousands later.

Oh, and by the way, YOU are not the owner of a corporation. You are merely a shareholder.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">