• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling product

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ks8844

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky
Hi I own a cafe and we sell brownies made from a box mix but we do alter the recipe a little. Is it possible to start a online company selling this product as our brownies or is there a law you have to disclaim or tell people where it is from. We have tried to make it from scratch but we are not sucessful. I want to start this company but if it takes off I have no problem getting the product. But dose the main company have any claim or rights to stop me from using it or they really sell it and dont care what is done from there ?
Thanks KS

FlyingRon

There are a whole world of federal and state regulations with regard to selling food products. The fact that you're repackaging someone else's products would seem to be the least of your woes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">