• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling Shares in Bundles?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Madsenmedia

My business is registered Federally as a private company in Canada. I am currently planning to selling shares in order to raise the capital needed to finance my venture.

My question is; if I bundle investors for instance in groups of 10 at $1000 each, if they register as a company, would I be able to view that bundle of investors as one investor? I am asking this because I am incorporated in Canada and the maximum amount of share holders in a private company is 50 and I may need larger funding in the future and do not want to exceed the investor cap of 50 as it is a government regulation.

Please inform thoughts and opinion. I will get legal council but, trying to get a jump on my information before going into my legal meetings.

Thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

My business is registered Federally as a private company in Canada. I am currently planning to selling shares in order to raise the capital needed to finance my venture.

My question is; if I bundle investors for instance in groups of 10 at $1000 each, if they register as a company, would I be able to view that bundle of investors as one investor? I am asking this because I am incorporated in Canada and the maximum amount of share holders in a private company is 50 and I may need larger funding in the future and do not want to exceed the investor cap of 50 as it is a government regulation.

Please inform thoughts and opinion. I will get legal council but, trying to get a jump on my information before going into my legal meetings.

Thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: is Canada now part of the US?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">