• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling tobacco pipes online

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mikeas

I live in Wisconsin and i am going to be opening an online retail store. Most of my products will be from dropshippers so i do not have to deal with much overhead. My main question is: I am going to be selling tobacco products, including glass pipes. Many people often associate glass pipes with the use of marijuana, but legally i've been told there is no difference between glass and regular tobacco pipes. What should i do to protect myself from customers purchasing these pipes for the wrong reasons. Would a simple agreement stating that they have to be over 18 and only lawful use of these products is accepted. And that my company cannot be held responsible if products are used for any illegal purposes. I would make them hit agree to continue to the tobacco products section.

BelizeBreeze

Simply being 18 will not shield you from selling drug paraphanalia. If you do not want to become involved in the separate laws of all 50 states regarding this issue, then I suggest you rethink selling such devices.

HomeGuru

mikeas said:
I live in Wisconsin and i am going to be opening an online retail store. Most of my products will be from dropshippers so i do not have to deal with much overhead. My main question is: I am going to be selling tobacco products, including glass pipes. Many people often associate glass pipes with the use of marijuana, but legally i've been told there is no difference between glass and regular tobacco pipes. What should i do to protect myself from customers purchasing these pipes for the wrong reasons. Would a simple agreement stating that they have to be over 18 and only lawful use of these products is accepted. And that my company cannot be held responsible if products are used for any illegal purposes. I would make them hit agree to continue to the tobacco products section.
**A: you sell crack pipe, you be crack pot.

racer72

Any tobacconist will tell you that glass pipes are not made for tobacco. If someone tries to smoke pipe tobacco in a glass pipe it will shatter in only a few minutes. Ask Tommy Chong of Cheech and Chong fame, a year in jail for selling plastic water tobacco pipes. The folks that police items such as this know what they are for, they aren't as dumb as the fools that try selling these pipes under the guise selling tobacco pipes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">