What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
New York State -> Nassau County (Long Island)
I am interested in purchasing wine in bulk from a local winery, bottling it and selling it under my own brand. Does anyone know the various laws that I'll need to follow?
My main concerns are:
- What licenses and/or permits do I need? (federal, state and local levels)
- Are there different permits, at all levels, for different volumes of sales? (100 bottles versus 10,000 bottles?)
- What do I need to put on the bottle? (alcohol content, government warning, origin of wine)
- How can I go about selling the wine? For example: Can I sell direct to liquor stores or do I need a distributor?
- How can I legally promote the wine?
There are all sorts of laws regarding the sale of alcohol and I'd like to make sure that I am not breaking any. If anyone can provide some help I'd greatly appreciate it.