• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Service Mark

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shelley966

What is the name of your state? Indiana.
I have an idea for a new type of business and I am wondering if I need to register it before I tell anyone?

Shelley966

That is my question. Should I file for an Intent to Use service mark? Or should I just register the name of the business? My worry is that the concept will be taken before I can get it going so I would like to protect that.

divgradcurl

Agreed, in general. It depends on what your idea or concept is. If it's patentable, you can seek a patent to protect it. Otherwise, it may be more difficult or even impossible to protect. You best bet is to sit down with a local attorney who has experience in intellectual property law and can review all of the actual details of your particular situation and advise you accordingly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">