• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Setting up small business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jorrit

What is the name of your state? Western Australia

I understand this site is only for US citizens but there are no advice forums in Australia. I understand that this is not legal advice and I will contact a lawyer after obtaining some general information.

I am 17 years of age and I am considering setting up my own import business, ie: purchasing an item from overseas and selling it for a profit.

I was wondering if it is legal for me to own a business seeing as I am legally not an adult. I have full support from my parents so they would be able to sign etc.

Also, is it legal to purchase an item and then sell it for profit?

What kind of import/customs fees etc would I be liable for?

The country of origin is The Netherlands and the country of destination is Australia.

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,

Jorrit

racer72

US Law Only - WHEN POSTING A QUESTION, YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR STATE

If we answer a question for one person outside the US, we will have to answer them all.

jorrit

I am perfectly capable of reading, hence why I referred to it in my question, stating my apologies. Answering my question wont harm anyone, and if you don't want to answer me, then thats fine, but as my grandmother used to say; If you don't have anything positive to say, don't say anything at all.

Regards,

Jorrit

racer72

It's idiots like you is the reason we have to keep answering posts like that. You want something positive? Ok, you are positively a moron.

jorrit

Obviously there is a reason behind me asking this question. Had it crossed your mind that perhaps this is my only outlet short of paying for professional advice?

Now, if perhaps you had answered my question, only briefly, you wouldn't not have needed to invest the time and effort of telling me that you aren't gonna answer my question.

I already stated that I didn't seek your advice per se, anyone's advice would do.

But in the pure American spirit you decided to once again reiterate your arrogances by being condescending and disdaining.

You sir, are a prime example why the rest of the civilized world despise America, and the American way of live.

Perhaps showing some politeness and courteousness now and then wouldn't go astray.

But then again, I am probably wasting my breath telling you this. Your ego seems to be too inflated to let a new and foreign concept like etiquette and good manners in.

Regards,

A Aussie looking for some help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">