• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Simple question on that take a penny dish

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lordXaviar

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I was told some time ago by a business owner the following in pertaining to the Give a penny, take a penny dish. I am curious as to the actual legal aspects of what he said and if it even falls under any existing legal precedent.
He stated that the owner of the store is not only not entitled to empty the dish into his register, but that the patron must hand the penny to the clerk. That you can take any amount from the dish and the store can not give you any legal grief over it. This includes completely emptying the dish.

I was thinking of have one on the counter, and was curious as to how the law pertains to something this trival

tranquility

There is no case law as far as I know on them. If one to try to really analyze the legal issues it would be a difficult and time-consuming endevor. Think reasonable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">