• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sleeping Partner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

charminar

NJ

What are rights of a sleeping/silent partner?
I have 8% equity in company, can I demand access to all accounting/docuemenatation if I am a sleeping partner?
My partner is hesitating to give me access to accounting information/documentation.

Thanks

Taj

C

charminar

NJ
We don't have agreement in place. We have verbal agreement that I won't be involved in day to day operations of the business.

Thanks

Taj

H

hexeliebe

Did you sign ANYTHING when you invested 8% of the money, sweat equity or equipment to begin the partnership?

C

charminar

Nothing signed or nothing in writing. Only I have is details of agreement and other party's confimation in EMAILS...

Thanks

Taj

JETX

Then I suggest you get all of YOUR understanding of the 'agreement' and put them in writing. Include the right to review the 'books'. Then, submit them to the general partner for his signature.

Or you can purchase one of the several partnership agreements available on the internet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">