• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

ktrout

Thanks to all for the advice to my earlier question. It does look like I'll have to go to small claims court to collect my $800.

I have a couple of basic questions. First, this debt is from 11 months ago. Can I ask for interest on this money as part of the claim? If so, how much interest can I expect?

Secondly, I understand that if I win I can collect the fees for filing the case. Do I include this in the claim itself (e.g., make the claim for $850, or whatever)? Or is that tacked on at the end.

I live in WA, if that matters.

Thanks in advance!

T

Tracey

Washington does not award prejudgment interest. RCW 4.56.110(3). Your fees & costs will be added automatically by the court. Make sure you have filed your affidavits of service & that the affidavits indicate how much you paid for service.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">