• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Starting (Adult?) Cleaning Service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CleaningLady

I'm in Illinois, in Cook County. I'm considering cleaning homes for extra/full time income. Do I need to start it as a business, or can I do it on the side as if I were babysitting, etc? Does it just depend on the amount of money I'm earning, especially considering how I report it for taxes? If so, do I need any kind of license? I'm also considering doing it as a nude/semi-nude service. First of all, is that even legal? If it is, do I need a special license/permit for that?
Thanks for your info.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Oh, lady, by the time this thread is finished, you're going to be very sorry you asked that question! :D

Before the idiots chime in...

Okay, you could indeed simply do this on the side without any formal business arrangement. You would simply operate as a sole proprietor and report it on schedule C of your income tax. You could also incorporate. There probably is no real reason to do one over the other.

You should check with your local city/state to see if you need a license to clean homes...I would bet not.

As for the nude part, be very careful how and where you advertise that. You will certainly find some moral holier-than-thou who's willing to cause you problems. On the one hand, its no different than a maid who happens to run around the house nude...on the other hand, there are people who will have problems with this. If your being nude leads to services other than cleaning, then you might have problems with the law for prostitution, but again, maids and masters have been cleaning each others pipes for a long time. All in all, while I could certainly find a nude maid interesting, I would bet this part will cause you trouble sooner or later.

BelizeBreeze

olgethorpe said:
Okay, you could indeed simply do this on the side without any formal business arrangement. You would simply operate as a sole proprietor and report it on schedule C of your income tax. You could also incorporate. There probably is no real reason to do one over the other.

You should check with your local city/state to see if you need a license to clean homes...I would bet not.

As for the nude part, be very careful how and where you advertise that. You will certainly find some moral holier-than-thou who's willing to cause you problems. On the one hand, its no different than a maid who happens to run around the house nude...on the other hand, there are people who will have problems with this. If your being nude leads to services other than cleaning, then you might have problems with the law for prostitution, but again, maids and masters have been cleaning each others pipes for a long time. All in all, while I could certainly find a nude maid interesting, I would bet this part will cause you trouble sooner or later.
And of course, this is NOT a moral question. All of your answers can be found in county and and city ordinances and, if none then state statute regulating nude and/or semi-nude 'performance'.

As for the business form, again, local ordinances will prevail.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

HomeGuru

CleaningLady said:
I'm in Illinois, in Cook County. I'm considering cleaning homes for extra/full time income. Do I need to start it as a business, or can I do it on the side as if I were babysitting, etc?

**A: even if you did it on the side, it would still be considered a business.
Check with your state's business registration office as you have various options from sole to LLC to Corporation.

Does it just depend on the amount of money I'm earning, especially considering how I report it for taxes?

**A: check with your state income and biz tax office.

If so, do I need any kind of license?

**A: see above.

I'm also considering doing it as a nude/semi-nude service. First of all, is that even legal?

**A: well, that would depend on exactly what type of services you would be providing.
If it is, do I need a special license/permit for that?

**A: not in my domain but you would need a heck of a lot of experience.
And would I get to choose the outfits?

Thanks for your info.
**A: no problem.

You Are Guilty

HomeGuru said:
**A: no problem.

Oh my HG, you're slipping. I think what HG was implying in what is outwardly a very short, concise statement is that the answers to all your questions will depend heavily on your appearance, inasmuch as it may impact the amount of bu$ine$$ you do. He would therefore like to see a recent picture. :p

C

CleaningLady

Wow! I was a little hesitant to post this because I thought everyone would just give me a hard time. Thank god for the dirty minds of men (& women!) in America! You guys are hilarious.
I'm not suprised that I'm going to have to dig deeper & see what the local laws say.
As for HomeGuru...no special services other than cleaning naked, ya perv! ;) I'm really not interested in becoming a prostitute. I'm just an exhibitionist that is money hungry & realized I can make better money doing any normal job naked! And honestly, in my first draft of plans, the customer would get to pick what I wear.
Ya'll wont get any pictures but I promise I'm not over 40. (Actually 20yo, blond, blue eyes - But I do weigh a bit over 125lbs!) Any other smart asses? Or first clients? :p

All kidding aside, aren't you worried about your safety? What if some guy hires you to clean in the nude, gets all hot and bothered and rapes you? OR worse, rapes and kills you?

C

CleaningLady

Smarty panties, of course I am worried about my safety. My possible solutions to that are doing background checks, requiring references, having my "bodyguard"/husband there for the 1st meeting, and of course carrying mace or something with me all the time.
I've also found a few companies that are doing this already...and they do the background checks, etc.
And since you all have been such good sports, do you have any other ideas you'd like to share...any other "normal jobs" whose money-making potential could be increased by taking off my clothes? Legal? I'm totally open-minded & anyone who wants to discuss an idea (or job opening, please!?) is welcome to private message me. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">