• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Starting a Business in CA. Am I on the right track?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sox965

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I've decided to start a business reselling items I get for wholesale. I bought someone out and bought their website and inventory. However, I will need to newly register this business. Can someone let me know if I am doing things correctly? TIA

I filled out the form LLC-1 on the gov website.

I will be filling out a SS-4 form for applying to get an EIN.

After that, I am lost. I read that I need to pay $800 for tax every year but I could not locate a form for that. Do we pay this in advance at the beginning of the year?

Do I need to fill out a form to get a sellers permit? Or does the EIN work?

Am I done after these steps? I tried to follow the CA website but its hard to find some answers.

If someone could walk me through, that would be wonderful. Thanks.

sox965

Thanks for the quick answer. Can I safely assume that I am now complete after filing out the LLC-1 (llc articles of organization) and SS-4 forms (EIN application)? Or are there other forms I need?

sox965

Q: Or are there other forms I need?

A: What did city hall tell you when you called down there?
Unfortunately nothing, because no one answers the phones. Our government is strapped for cash and we are clearly lacking employees. You will be lucky to get the DMV on phone. Getting the City Hall, Police Department, 911 is an impossible task.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">