• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

starting a business question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ruskl30

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hello;

I am in the very early stages of starting a partnership -where I was approached by someone who wanted to enlist my talents but did not have a solid idea for the business.

I do....and want to protect my idea in case this partnership doesn't come to fruition.

I am curious if someone can tell me of a legal document that can protect my idea before the partnership is actually a done deal?

Any help is appreciated - thanks in advance!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hello;

I am in the very early stages of starting a partnership -where I was approached by someone who wanted to enlist my talents but did not have a solid idea for the business.

I do....and want to protect my idea in case this partnership doesn't come to fruition.

I am curious if someone can tell me of a legal document that can protect my idea before the partnership is actually a done deal?

Any help is appreciated - thanks in advance!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
The document you are looking is a contract for services with a local attorney. This is not a do-it-yourself situation. Even if you think this person is your friend, and would never do that to you, think about what could happen if this friend's interest in your venture goes to someone else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">