• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Starting a business to take payments for someone that can't?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TG512

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

My father has a business with a successful product line and several large outstanding orders. However, due to overwhelming personal debt, my father is currently unable to open a bank account without it being seized, and thus is unable to receive payments for these orders. What he has asked me to do is open up a separate business, in my name, which would act as a "distributorship" for his products, to receive the payments. It is his belief that this is legal so long as the income is reported. Would like to get another perspective on this, hopefully.

xylene

You and your father must hire a competent lawyer before attempting this.

He and YOU could be committing a criminal act and certainly face civil liability issues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">