• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

starting a charity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

swilson13

What is the name of your state?california

Heres the story. My sister recently got in a car accident and was hurt pretty bad. No one had insurance. Anyways, a few co-workers and friends suggested a charity or fund to help with her medical bills, kids, and bills. She works at a strip club, so thats why no health insurance. So, can someone please point me in the right direction where to start? Is it gonna cost me money to start it, how much? Can I use a p.o. box. If not, can I use the address where I am living, even though I am renting it? Do I need a business license, ect?

thanks in advance

divgradcurl

swilson13 said:
What is the name of your state?california

Heres the story. My sister recently got in a car accident and was hurt pretty bad. No one had insurance. Anyways, a few co-workers and friends suggested a charity or fund to help with her medical bills, kids, and bills. She works at a strip club, so thats why no health insurance. So, can someone please point me in the right direction where to start? Is it gonna cost me money to start it, how much? Can I use a p.o. box. If not, can I use the address where I am living, even though I am renting it? Do I need a business license, ect?

thanks in advance
Rather than doing this yourself, try setting up a trust fund through a local bank -- they do this stuff all of the time, and it would probably be easier and cheaper than trying to do everything yourself.

swilson13

If people keep donating money from work?

I mean customers, they all dont come in at once. Will I be able to keep adding money to the trust account?

thanks again

divgradcurl

swilson13 said:
I mean customers, they all dont come in at once. Will I be able to keep adding money to the trust account?

thanks again
It is generally possible to set up a trust that people can contribute to over time. Again, talk with a local bank about setting up such a trust.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">