• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Starting a Computer Repair business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pjclark09

Florida- Me and a long time friend are planning on starting a pc repair business. We unfortunately arent able to quit our jobs to do this so just want to start as small (cheap) as possible. What will we need to make our business legal? We will be doing it from home at the beggining, make a website, maybe some flyers, and go in peoples homes/businesses and fix their computers. Can I advertise online before I get any licenses?

Last edited:

quincy

Florida- Me and a long time friend are planning on starting a pc repair business. We unfortunately arent able to quit our jobs to do this so just want to start as small (cheap) as possible. What will we need to make our business legal? We will be doing it from home at the beggining, make a website, maybe some flyers, and go in peoples homes/businesses and fix their computers. Can I advertise online before I get any licenses?
I suggest both you and your longtime friend sit down with a business professional in your area to go over the ins-and-outs of operating your business, even though you intend to start small and build it up. You will, for example, want to invest in liability insurance at the beginning (in case your handling of a computer damages it, for example).

There is a lot to do in setting up your business before considering advertising your business (although websites and flyers and ads can be made in advance so they are ready to go when you are properly licensed and prepared). You would probably be smart to avoid any comparative advertising until you can compete on an even playing field with the other computer repair businesses in your area (ie, being licensed) - and even then you must be careful when creating comparative ads. These tend to attract lawsuits.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">