• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Starting a forum; wondering limits of what can/can't be posted...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grndslm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi

I'm thinking about starting an online forum where people can share information about their cell phone companies. For example, Sprint has SOCs, which are "feature codes". These feature codes can be found by logging into your Sprint account and knowing precisely where to look.

So my question is a multi-parter.

(1) If this forum's server were in MS, would I be able to allow people to exchange information of this sort?
(2) If this forum's server were in Canada, I would obviously be able to allow people to exchange this information, right?
(3) If Canada doesn't work, what about Netherlands, Sweden, etc.?
(4) Would I be able to allow users to post tutorials that discuss methods of what works and what doesn't work, in terms of getting new feature codes, etc.?? Even if a user posted something as simple as, "Call in to the Retentions Dept. and threaten to quit because of poor service in your home... then they will offer you an Airave for free!"?
(5) And does any of this constitute fraud or something similar I should be worried about?

Thanks so much in advance!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">