• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Starting an LLC and which address to use

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rundavrum

I am looking into starting an LLC. Here are the details:

I reside in California and I own some property in the state of Florida that I rent out to tenants. My property consists of a 12 unit apartment complex. I want to start an LLC to protect myself from liability and gain some tax benefits. I am struggling to understand what the address of the LLC would be.

Does the LLC address have to be in the state of Florida where the assets (specifically the apartment complex) is physically located?
I know I need a registered agent but do I need a Florida RA and use the RA's address for the LLC physical address?
Would I use the address of the asset (ie the apartment complex)?

I do have a mailbox with a suite number in California. Would the California mailing address only be used to forward mail to?

Bonus question: What address should I use/can I use when applying for an Employer Identification Number through the IRS?

I can provide further detail if needed for guidance. Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">