• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Starting an LLC and Privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mmmagique

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY (and possibly Delaware or Nevada)

I have an online business that I am planning on expanding. In order to expand my business, I am acquiring my own line of credit, and opening up numerous websites. To facilitate this, I am planning on beginning an LLC.

Although I reside in KY, my contractors and clients are spread over the United States. I do not send any physical merchandise out, it is simply a consulting business. (an exchange of ideas and thoughts between the customers and the contractors)

KY has some pretty high taxes on LLCs, and an attorney I spoke with advised me to open up an LLC in Delaware, which I believe will result in me paying taxes to both Delaware and KY (due to a foreign entity fee) So I am confused as to what is in my best interest as far as that goes.

My second concern is that my business, while legal, is a bit controversial, and I do not want every nut and his brother to be able to obtain my private info (such as home address, phone, etc.) What is the best way for me to protect myself, while still allowing customers the ability to file complaints, or whatever else they may want/need to legally do? I do not want to make myself "untouchable", I just don't want some weirdo showing up at my house at 3 o'clock in the morning.

How do I proceed, and do you see anything I'm missing?

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">