• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Starting a magazine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Psychotomus

What is the name of your state? Maryland.

I am starting a entertainment magazine which will review anime, games, tv shows, comics, manga, music and more.

Someone told me that its illegal to include images showing an anime, game or tv show as it would violate the law or something. I do not see how including a few images from an anime or game would be harmfull with a review as its basicly a free advertisment for them. Any comments on this subject would be apreciated.

kathrynne

Not a lawyer but I sure remember this part of my Com Law classes.

Those images are copyrighted by the companies whose products you wish to review. If you want to print screen shots or other images with your reviews you'll need a written release from each company for each incident.

Yep, it's a pain, but it's also necessary to protect creative content.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">