• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Starting an Online Business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JacobH

I am going in with some long time friends of mine to start up yet another internet business. Currently, we own a very large internet forum. This time we are planning on starting up an internet forum that has to do with Web Design and Development. There are 4 people within in business. We want this to be an equal partnership, and we are all within different states and or countries. So what I am asking is how and what type of corporation should I form, and what state is the best to form a corporation within? All 4 of us are located in the following areas. Please inform me as to my best action.

North Carolina, USA
Maine, USA
FIFE, Scotland
Quebec, CAN

From what I have researched I can not form an S-Corp as I'm not allowed to have foreign partners? So I am guessing my next best bet would be to form an LLC, and within what state and how can I set us up to be equal partners?

At your mercy law gods please help!

Thanks,
Jacob

Last edited:

oldman9

how and what type of corporation should I form, and what state is the best to form a corporation within?
Since this is an international group, are you SURE that you want a US corp? or perhaps one in one of the other countries?

If you want to set up one in the US and want to know where you should incorporate, think along the line of where your EMPLOYEES will be located. That's where you will have to set up payroll and register to do business, etc. Don't be too complicated (like a Nevada corp and register in your home state, for example).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">