• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Starting on Online Business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dino99

I am planning on starting an online business, with two other people. I was thinking it would probably be a Limited Liability Partnership, and initially this would be more of a side job until and if it gets big. What kind of licensing do I need to consider for an online business? Im considering starting it up in either Colorado or Virginia.

Thanks.

E

ed

First of all, you probably need a business license from your local town or county to run any business out of your home. Then, if you have a business that requires a state license, such as a contractor, you would need that license. If you are selling goods, you would need a retailer’s certificate from the state agency administering the sales tax.

A good source of material on your local needs is your local Chamber of Commerce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">