• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

starting a single proprietorship business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sleeplessbuddy

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

I started a small business of buy and sell. I buy baby formula on sale and re-sell them. I have clients who receive formula checks from the formula companies. Can I accept them as payments even if the check is directed to any retailer of formula? Am I considered a retailer of formula even if I sell only a few cans that I buy on sale from stores and re-sell them at discount to my customers?

I asked my bank if I can negotiate the formula check and was told they will take it if I open a business checking account.

So is it legal to re-sell baby formula and accept the checks as tender?

racer72

You will have to ask the issuer(s) of the checks if they will honor them if you deposit them in your business account. I am going to guess and say the will only honor checks from primary retailers, this would exclude you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">