• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Starting a transportation company and child support!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kappa6m3

I will be starting a transportation business with one truck and one partner. My partner is investing the most money and just plans on paying me a salary. My question is, since I pay child support, will my child support be based off of what I am paid by a salary or what the income that the business makes? I also am trying to figure out if we should do C corp or an LLC. (My partner is actually my fiance, and I take care of my son, but his mother just blows the child support that I give her)

I live in Texas.

Last edited:

quincy

I will be starting a transportation business with one truck and one partner. My partner is investing the most money and just plans on paying me a salary. My question is, since I pay child support, will my child support be based off of what I am paid by a salary or what the income that the business makes? I also am trying to figure out if we should do C corp or an LLC. (My partner is actually my fiance, and I take care of my son, but his mother just blows the child support that I give her)
What is the name of your state, kappa6m3?

CourtClerk

This isn't a legal question. This is a question for your CPA.

And as far as "blowing" her child support, she's completely within her right to do so.

Proserpina

Yeah, I'm sure she does. Louboutins and caviar, I bet.

CourtClerk

Coach or Kors? Tom Ford's e/s quads are nice, too.

:D
Uggghh... anyone with a piece of fashion sense in their body stopped wearing Coach like.... a long time ago. I have the Coach graveyard in my closet. I should sell them on one of the FB yard sale sites because the people here are 20 years behind the times. I've moved on to Kors, Gucci and Louie (in that order). HOWEVER Tom Ford has some very nice stuff.

Did I tell you I lost my Tiffany necklace our anniversary weekend. I think I left it at the Ritz when we checked out.

kappa6m3

Yea, to the point that when I pick up my son every other weekend, I just tell her to send him on his way with the clothes that he has on his back and that's it. She gives his good clothes that I buy him to her "less Fortunate son" and spends my money on the items you all named above.

Just Blue

Yea, to the point that when I pick up my son every other weekend, I just tell her to send him on his way with the clothes that he has on his back and that's it. She gives his good clothes that I buy him to her "less Fortunate son" and spends my money on the items you all named above.
How much do you pay per month in support? :confused:

CourtClerk

Then send the child back to his mother in the clothes he went to your house in. Please wash them first.

kappa6m3

I'm not sure, it could be more or it could be less. I am projecting to take home around 50k, as opposed to the amount that I take home now after taxes and the other freebies we give to Uncle Sam.

Proserpina

$890.00 and insurance off of a $45,000 salary...smh.
And please don't think you can get away with claiming a salary of $25k for child support - that isn't going to wash, and they'll likely keep it at the same level because that's what you're capable of earning.

Awesomesauce!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">