• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

State Income Tax

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kgp65170

If I have a limited liability company registered in one state but reside in a different state, in which state would I pay income tax? For example, I currently live in Pennsylvania where the income tax is 2.8% but am thinking of forming a limited liability company in Nevada where there is no income tax. I plan on making my income by selling memberships at a website I am creating.

------------------

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kgp65170:
If I have a limited liability company registered in one state but reside in a different state, in which state would I pay income tax? For example, I currently live in Pennsylvania where the income tax is 2.8% but am thinking of forming a limited liability company in Nevada where there is no income tax. I plan on making my income by selling memberships at a website I am creating.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be very careful because everything must be done properly. Use a Nevada attorney that specializes in forming corporations and can act as the registered agent for the Corporation. It is entirely legal for you to live in one State and operate the Corp out of Nevada. The Corp must do business out of Nevada which means the business address, checking accounts must all be out of Nevada. All income must be deposited into the Nevada Corporate checking account etc. And all checks for expenses paid out of this account. advertising, website hosting and development etc. There are a lot of conditions and your attorney can fill you in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">