• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statement of Information - California Corporation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BluffMaster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

First of all guys I would like to thank you for providing me knowledgeable information and advice on my previous post I really do appreciate it.

I have another question I believe I know what I am doing but just need some assurance regarding Corporation.

I submitted Form ARTS-GS Article of Inc of a General Stock Corporation to Secretary of State of California to Form new Corporation for my business I need it to be S corporation I was told that I would need to file some other form once my name is approved and i am issued corporation number.

I just checked my corporation name has been approved and SOS issued me corporation number. It says I have 90 days to file Statement of Information.

I went online to file Statement of Information to file online it does not give me option to whether select S or C Corp. I want S Corporation.

So I looked it up online on some other forums I got a hint I need to file form SI-200 for S Corporation.

I just need experienced advise from you guys if this is the correct form SI-200 for S Corporation..

Appreciated.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

First of all guys I would like to thank you for providing me knowledgeable information and advice on my previous post I really do appreciate it.

I have another question I believe I know what I am doing but just need some assurance regarding Corporation.

I submitted Form ARTS-GS Article of Inc of a General Stock Corporation to Secretary of State of California to Form new Corporation for my business I need it to be S corporation I was told that I would need to file some other form once my name is approved and i am issued corporation number.

I just checked my corporation name has been approved and SOS issued me corporation number. It says I have 90 days to file Statement of Information.

I went online to file Statement of Information to file online it does not give me option to whether select S or C Corp. I want S Corporation.

So I looked it up online on some other forums I got a hint I need to file form SI-200 for S Corporation.

I just need experienced advise from you guys if this is the correct form SI-200 for S Corporation..

Appreciated.
I cannot answer you for CA, but if you do not file form 2553 with the IRS, ASAP, the feds will not recognize you as an S-Corp and you will be federally treated as a C-Corp.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">