• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Storing my merchandise legally

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xtianmind

California, United States

I am planning on starting a used appliance business in Fullerton, California.

I want to start with refrigerators first, and then move on to washer, dryers and stoves in the future. I want it to be mainly a delivery type business. The customer calls me, and I deliver it to their home.

My question is about the storage of the appliances. Am I allowed to store them in a storage unit? And from there pick them up myself at the storage unit, load them up, and take them directly to the customers house? The customer will not have access to the storage unit, or it will not be used as a store. Just for storage.

Is that legal? What other licenses, and permits will I need to run the business legally. Thank you so much for your help.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
California, United States

I am planning on starting a used appliance business in Fullerton, California.

I want to start with refrigerators first, and then move on to washer, dryers and stoves in the future. I want it to be mainly a delivery type business. The customer calls me, and I deliver it to their home.

My question is about the storage of the appliances. Am I allowed to store them in a storage unit? And from there pick them up myself at the storage unit, load them up, and take them directly to the customers house? The customer will not have access to the storage unit, or it will not be used as a store. Just for storage.

Is that legal? What other licenses, and permits will I need to run the business legally. Thank you so much for your help.
I would suggest you start here and then see where it takes you: http://www.ci.fullerton.ca.us/gov/departments/admin_serv/business_registration/starting_a_business.asp

Good luck with your new business.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">