• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stuff Envelopes From Home $1000 Weekly!! IS THIS LEGAL!?!?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maxtech35

I have currently just signed up for an envelope stuffing program on the Internet. The companies advertisement claims $1.00 per envelope processed plus $15.00 per order you generate by your mailings. In order to sign up in there program they require a one time membership fee of $59.95 for your "Home Mailers Starter Kit" It said on the advertisement this fee will cover for my unlimited amount of envelopes/postage and access to there members area. Once I received my "Home Mailers Kit" I felt that this program was not for me! My kit contained big priority mail envelopes from the post office, mailing labels and my instructions. I learned I would have to advertise and place ads in free classified sites on the Internet and have people send me SASE's (self addressed stamped envelopes) Once I get the SASE's I'll have to stuff them in the big priority mail envelopes and mail them to the company and I'll earn $1.00 per envelope plus $15.00 per order I make. This is not what I expected! I contacted the company and requested for a full refund, but they told me that I would have to stuff my first 100 envelopes before they return my deposit. They said that it states on there web site refunds are given only according to there special guarantee and I agreed to these terms when signing up in there program. PLEASE HELP I NEED TO KNOW IF THIS IS LEGAL!! I visited there web site again and realized that advertising was involved in their program. It said on their site "This work mainly consists of securing envelopes through advertising and simple envelope stuffing." I did receive everything promised on there site and I did receive access to there members area where they train you. The only thing I did notice was the advertising part!! I would be really grateful if anyone can e-mail me and let me know if this is a legitimate business!

[email protected]

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maxtech35:
I have currently just signed up for an envelope stuffing program on the Internet. The companies advertisement claims $1.00 per envelope processed plus $15.00 per order you generate by your mailings. In order to sign up in there program they require a one time membership fee of $59.95 for your "Home Mailers Starter Kit" It said on the advertisement this fee will cover for my unlimited amount of envelopes/postage and access to there members area. Once I received my "Home Mailers Kit" I felt that this program was not for me! My kit contained big priority mail envelopes from the post office, mailing labels and my instructions. I learned I would have to advertise and place ads in free classified sites on the Internet and have people send me SASE's (self addressed stamped envelopes) Once I get the SASE's I'll have to stuff them in the big priority mail envelopes and mail them to the company and I'll earn $1.00 per envelope plus $15.00 per order I make. This is not what I expected! I contacted the company and requested for a full refund, but they told me that I would have to stuff my first 100 envelopes before they return my deposit. They said that it states on there web site refunds are given only according to there special guarantee and I agreed to these terms when signing up in there program. PLEASE HELP I NEED TO KNOW IF THIS IS LEGAL!! I visited there web site again and realized that advertising was involved in their program. It said on their site "This work mainly consists of securing envelopes through advertising and simple envelope stuffing." I did receive everything promised on there site and I did receive access to there members area where they train you. The only thing I did notice was the advertising part!! I would be really grateful if anyone can e-mail me and let me know if this is a legitimate business!

[email protected]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This and many other similar work at home schemes are legal and legit programs that legally and legitimately scam thousands of indivdiuals out of their hard earned money. Since the advertising disclaimer was in fact on their website and most likely in their written marketing materials, the company has not committed misrepresentation and deceptive advertising. The letters and materials were written by effective marketing professionals and very persuasive and slick.

Send a certified letter to them that you demand your money back and copy the BBB, State Attorney Generals office and the Federal Trade Commission. Even though the company may not be required by law to refund your money, they may do so to avoid further complaints involving governmental agencies.

For $59.95 you could have bought from me some volcano land in Hawaii or some swamp acreage in Florida. Cheep. Want to talk turkey?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HomeGuru:
This and many other similar work at home schemes are legal and legit programs that legally and legitimately scam thousands of indivdiuals out of their hard earned money. Since the advertising disclaimer was in fact on their website and most likely in their written marketing materials, the company has not committed misrepresentation and deceptive advertising. The letters and materials were written by effective marketing professionals and very persuasive and slick.

Send a certified letter to them that you demand your money back and copy the BBB, State Attorney Generals office and the Federal Trade Commission. Even though the company may not be required by law to refund your money, they may do so to avoid further complaints involving governmental agencies.

For $59.95 you could have bought from me some volcano land in Hawaii or some swamp acreage in Florida. Cheep. Want to talk turkey?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please read above.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">