• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stupid Me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mark Stevenson

I signed a contract, but missed some of the fine print...

I have a web site where I sell products. I thought I was paying to have appx 10,000 visitors sent to my website in a one year period for the next three years.

Six months after signing the contract, I take a closer look at the contract. I see that it says that 10,000 people will be given the chance to visit my website - but not necessarily visit it.

During all of my conversations with the company, we discussed paying for visitors to my site - not just exposing them to a link to my site. I even have emails that I sent them telling them that I wanted more than 10,000 visitors.

I think the contract is pretty clear, and I am screwed. Unless my emails or the verbal promises can be used to back me up. I am out $5,000 and feel like I have been tricked.

Can anyone offer advice?

I live in Oklahoma, the company is based in California.

Thanks,
Mark

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">