• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sublease info requested-

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

donnabee

What is the name of your state? New York
Starting an auto repair shop (1st time business for us)- found a shop through real estate, the current tenant now is ill and wants to leave by Sept 1st- offered us great deal on his shop equipment also included in price is his sign, phone number etc. Negotiation were done over 2 days through real estate - nothing was negotiable- no set up time, no lease reduction, but we were offered 1st right of refusal upon sale of building which may be in 3-5 years. Now the clicker- the real estate agent said the lease came over today and there was some things she was concerned about - first- this will be subleased thru the ill tenant- Now for 2 days of back and forth neg. would she have known that she was working with the tenant not the actual landlord? What will happen upon this mans unfortunate death>? How can I be assured I am not getting into something above my head- I am waiting for an attorney call back now but would love some helpful tips or insight to this- thank you for your time- Donna

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">