• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AT&T

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gardner50

How do I find out if there are any current lawsuits against AT&T. I have spent two weeks trying to change my local and long distance service to SW Bell and cannot get AT&T to cooperate.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gardner50:
How do I find out if there are any current lawsuits against AT&T. I have spent two weeks trying to change my local and long distance service to SW Bell and cannot get AT&T to cooperate.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Um, didn't you know that AT&T was broken up about 15 years ago into the "baby Bells"? Southwest Bell, along with Pacific Bell, Atlantic Bell, etc., were once all together, comprised as AT&T. Now, the "Baby Bells" as they are informally referred to, do not offer long distance service - - only AT&T, along with other companies, offer long distance services.

That's why AT&T isn't cooperating and, until you allow another service like "Sprint" to take over your long distance service, AT&T will remain as you provider of these services. Quite frankly, I can't understand why you'd even consider changing from AT&T.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

C

CalGuy

SW Bell and other regional companies now do offer long distance service in some states. Call the carrier you wish to deal with, get the detaials, and they will be able to help you arrange the transfer if you wish, or at least tell you what to do. If AT&T balks, contact the state public utility agency or the Federal Communications Commission, and send a complaint letter to the CEO of AT&T Michael Armstrong, with a copy to the FCC and your congreesperson and governor.

D

dblab

IAAL must be an AT&T Marketing employee.
I'm sure SW Bell will get it done.
They want your business. I can give you
50K+ reasons not to sign with AT&T. Try
Polestar. It's wonderful!!!

dblab

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">