• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AT&T/Collection Agency

• Thread starter Blewred/Mtrcylepete
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Blewred/Mtrcylepete

I received a notice from a collection agency about a past due long distance bill to AT&T. Didn't know what it was about so called them & they advised us to call AT&T. AT&T advised it was from a 11/98 bill but they couldn't provide us a copy of it as their records only go back 18 months. I don't make long distance calls so I don't believe I owe this & this is the first notice I've received & I don't want to pay it but they say if I don't, it will jeopardize my credit rating. What can I do?

JETX

Read the FDCPA at the FTC website (http://www.ftc.gov).

In it, you will see that you have the right to receive a copy of the disputed billing. Tell AT&T that if they can't find it, it is their loss, and that unless they can send you a copy... quit calling.

------------------
Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]
-----------------------
This is my PERSONAL OPINION and is not legal advice! Consult your local attorney for your specific situation and laws!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">