• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tax Id Number

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

auntienenah

What is the name of your state? TEXAS :eek: DO I NEED A TAX ID NUMBER IF I DO NOT HAVE ANY EMPLOYEES. IT IS ONLY MY HUSBAND AND I WHO WORK FOR THIS BUSINESS? DO I ALSO NEED TO FILL OUT ANY KIND OF LEGAL FORMS FOR THE IRS ABOUT OUR BUSINESS. WE HAVE A LAWN CARE SERVICE BUSINESS. ALL MONEY THAT COMES INTO OUR BUSINESS GOES TO EXPENSES AND FOR THE FAMILY EXPENSES, SUCH AS THE ELECTRIC FOOD DIAPERS....ETC...PLEASE HELP.

ALawyer

If you are operating as a "sole proprietor" you could use your own SS# for the business and report income and expenses -- and the gain or loss -- on Schedule C to your Federal Tax Return. Ask your accountant if it makes sense for you to set up a partnership with your husband (it needs a Tax ID #), or a corporation or LLC (ditto).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">