• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TAx Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dsmboosted

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

I am starting an LLC sole owner, no employee internet based business that sells a product online.

Do I need to file my state taxes quarterly and my federal taxes annually? I currently have not launched the business yet, but I am in the production stages. I am currently running at a loss. I just want to make sure I am staying legal with taxes.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

I am starting an LLC sole owner, no employee internet based business that sells a product online.

Do I need to file my state taxes quarterly and my federal taxes annually? I currently have not launched the business yet, but I am in the production stages. I am currently running at a loss. I just want to make sure I am staying legal with taxes.
The feds want their money quartely as well, in the form of estimated payments. And if you estimate wrong you could be penalized. Also be advised that beginning in 2011 a new rule snuck into the recent "Housing" bill takes effect in which online payment processors like PayPal and even your own bank merchant account are required report the transactions to the IRS. So what you report, and what your merchant account provider reports had better be the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">