• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

taxes/filing for an llc that made no money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Torkuda

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon
I'm trying to run a small company, really just trying to stay legal as I'm not making much money off what I produce. I tried going through Legalzoom, but starting with them costed around 300$ and now they want an additional 100$ to file for me this year. Course, I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to file at all, considering I made a whopping 70 cents this year, meaning my expenses outweigh my income by 300 times considering Legalzoom, not considering all the times I've had to pay the bank after they took money from my business account for paper statements I repeatidely told them not to send me, all in all probably 30$. What does Legalzoom want the money for, and is there a way I can file for my Company without them?

I'm in Oregon, my company is a simple LLC and I sell self made comics and books. Please someone help!

FlyingRon

If this is just you in the operation (single member LLC), the LLC income would just be reported on YOUR taxes. If your entire income from the business was less than a $1, i'd not even worry about it. If you had some actual income, then you'd use a Schedule C and then take your losses to offset against that which will end up being a loss (while it can reduce your income liability on your "business" to zero you can't likely take that loss against your other income).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">