• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tenant/landlord issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Frustratedsalon

Hi, I have a small business in New Jersey which I have been there seven years been a great tenant pay the rent on time every month. Recently, within the past six months a new tenant moved in next-door to us on the adjacent wall. It is a business that is loud music encroaching into My space and severe weight dropping which vibrates into my business . I have met with my landlord three times over the six months with complaints about this issue and how it is affecting my business and my customers. In the seven years I have worked there I have never had a complaint till now. I have tried not to get into words with the tenant but as of recently the weight dropping was severe and was upset and went next-door to tell them. This has now created tension. The landlord has said they are doing different things to try rectify the problem. I feel as a business owner and the tenant I have been patient for six months. The landlord makes me feel like I basically have to just deal with while they try and change some things. I know as a commercial tenant I do not have the right residential tenant has. I have now gotten to the point where I will hire a lawyer as of this week . My question is do I have any rights? Am I supposed to just sit and wait for this business to decide whether or not the problem will get fixed? Do I even get a say on how this has affected my business and my clientele who complain every day almost ?
Thank you

LdiJ

Hi, I have a small business in New Jersey which I have been there seven years been a great tenant pay the rent on time every month. Recently, within the past six months a new tenant moved in next-door to us on the adjacent wall. It is a business that is loud music encroaching into My space and severe weight dropping which vibrates into my business . I have met with my landlord three times over the six months with complaints about this issue and how it is affecting my business and my customers. In the seven years I have worked there I have never had a complaint till now. I have tried not to get into words with the tenant but as of recently the weight dropping was severe and was upset and went next-door to tell them. This has now created tension. The landlord has said they are doing different things to try rectify the problem. I feel as a business owner and the tenant I have been patient for six months. The landlord makes me feel like I basically have to just deal with while they try and change some things. I know as a commercial tenant I do not have the right residential tenant has. I have now gotten to the point where I will hire a lawyer as of this week . My question is do I have any rights? Am I supposed to just sit and wait for this business to decide whether or not the problem will get fixed? Do I even get a say on how this has affected my business and my clientele who complain every day almost ?
Thank you
I have some ideas but first I need to know what kind of business you have and what hours you operate, and what kind of business the other tenant has and what hours they operate?

Eekamouse

I have some ideas but first I need to know what kind of business you have and what hours you operate, and what kind of business the other tenant has and what hours they operate?
Sounds like a nail or hair salon next to a gym.:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">