• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminating Corp. Officer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KGarcia

What is the name of your state? Colorado
I have a Colorado corporation and my partner has a lot of debt. and a huge child support bill. The company is now getting demands to withhold his wages etc. He agrees that he is causing a hardship and also putting the business in a bad position. Next they will be trying to seize the bank accounts.

Can I fire him or remove him in some way??

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? Colorado
I have a Colorado corporation and my partner has a lot of debt. and a huge child support bill. The company is now getting demands to withhold his wages etc. He agrees that he is causing a hardship and also putting the business in a bad position. Next they will be trying to seize the bank accounts.

Can I fire him or remove him in some way??
Is he a Corporate Officer? What do your bylaws say about removal of officers?
If he's just an employee, why doesn't he just resign?

KGarcia

He is an officer

Yes he is an officer. If I am reading the bylaws correctly he can be removed by vote. But if I do remove him will the problems go away or will they look at it and say, you only removed him to get child support off your back.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yes he is an officer. If I am reading the bylaws correctly he can be removed by vote. But if I do remove him will the problems go away or will they look at it and say, you only removed him to get child support off your back.
If he's NOT an employee, you will still have to garnish his wages as an employee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">