• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are there any liability issues for this(giving wrong info)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

semidevil1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma.

So I want to start a 'business,' I guess. It's not really a business, it's more of a hobby that I want to try to do in my spare time and see what turns out.

I want to create a webpage, where people who need information, will email me, and I will email them back with links to their needed information.

example: Lets say someone wants a recipe for meatloaf. they email me, and I do all the googling online, and find different mealoaf recipes. I gather the data and links, and email them the links, and they can sort through and use what they need.

I'm not taking money for this. This is purely for fun.
1. Can I be liable if my results does not give them the needed results(i,e meatloaf causes food poisoning, or something)

2. Lets say one of the recipe I get is from the "Food channel." If food channel sees that I'm giving their information, can I be liable for something(stealing information, etc etc)? I'm planning to put a disclaimer and I'm going to claim that none of the information are my own creation.

Ofcourse, this food thing is a light example. I"m talking about something like a larger scale. Maybe, for example flight schedules, hotel information, etc etc.

Personally, I can't think of any liability for me, since I'm just doing the search and will be giving credit to where it's due, but I want to make sure. I'm just creating a simple webpage. no motive or anything.

Last edited:

Mabus

Well, if you're GIVEN info from food channel through their broadcast, then they have no problem with you USING what they will GIVE for you to do something with. If they stated "do not do this at home," then what's the point of it going on the air if you cant use what they tell you in making something.

Just my 2 cent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">