• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there a risk doing business with a foreign wholesaler/business?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lydp101

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York City.

I'd like to Incorporate in New York and open an internet business. The business is to sell clothing. I found a wholesaler I can order products from, however it appears that they are based in Guangzhou, Guangdong, China. I've checked the internet to see if there is anything "legal" against the company and I didn't find anything. Their online company profile the contact/CEO as Anna (which bothers me). I'm concern that if I get into business with a company based in China that I might be held accountable or responsible for it. Is my concern justified, should I be engaging in any foreign wholesaler/ business?

Some Random Guy

If you know the answer to these questions, then you have ahalf a chance of succeeding.

If the supplier does something to damage your business, what will you do?
If you need to sue your supplier, what will you do?
Do you know how to efficiently get shipments through customs?
If the clothing is copied from another retailer's trademarked designs, what will you do?
Do you know where your sales tax nexus is?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">