• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

THEY BLEW-UP MY COMPUTER!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kenneth Brugh

I own a Macintosh PowerBook.I called Radio Shack to find out if they carred a power supply for it.They said yes.So I went to the store to buy the product.The sales rep. told me that he was unsure if the polerity was correct,but not to worry because the computer has protection circuitry and if it wasn`t right it wouldn`t damage it.Not knowing much about computers I trusted him.Well it blew-up the computer.They told me that they were not responsable for the damage.
Are they?Can I take them to court for the damages?Is there anything I can do?
Any help would be great!
Thanks.
Ken.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kenneth Brugh:
I own a Macintosh PowerBook.I called Radio Shack to find out if they carred a power supply for it.They said yes.So I went to the store to buy the product.The sales rep. told me that he was unsure if the polerity was correct,but not to worry because the computer has protection circuitry and if it wasn`t right it wouldn`t damage it.Not knowing much about computers I trusted him.Well it blew-up the computer.They told me that they were not responsable for the damage.
Are they?Can I take them to court for the damages?Is there anything I can do?
Any help would be great!
Thanks.
Ken.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

That's absolutely incredible !! I cannot believe this happened with the Radio Shack people, especially since you brought your instruction manual with you to compare electrical values and other parameters. Just shocking !!

Catch my drift?

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

K

Kenneth Brugh

Yes I catch your drift,But all the voltages and perameters are clearly printed on the back of the unit.

Thanks for the advice.
Ken.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kenneth Brugh:
Yes I catch your drift,But all the voltages and perameters are clearly printed on the back of the unit.

Thanks for the advice.
Ken.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My further response:

The bottom line is that you, as the owner, had superior knowledge (or should have had) and that a Mac is not a product of Radio Shack. Sure, you thought it was a simple matter and that, surely, one of their plugs should work. Wrong assumption. Obviously Apple's computers require their own, official, replacement parts, and you are imbued with that knowledge - - not Radio Shack.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">